- Hot and humid and in the upper 80s. That was the forecast over the weekend as the Burning River 100 Mile trail race took place from east of Cleveland to downtown Cuyahoga Falls. That's been the typical offering of weather for that race and the main reason I have said since my 2009 finish of this event that I wouldn't return. Heat and humidity is definitely my kryptonite and I'm just not up for that kind of suffering again. It has grown to massive proportions now with over 800 participants in the 100 miler, 50 miler and relays, too. From all accounts, it was another great event.
Here's the last climb I did before leaving on Saturday. CLICK HERE. (pardon the vulgar language in the background music. :) ) All in all, the week ended well and I'm pumped to get back at it tonight...8 1/2 months in!
|They picked silver and gold.|
- I got a few sunrise runs in this past week. This was one of them where I ran my favorite 10K route. It was moist as heck but a great run! I really appreciate every run I do.
- I mentioned Donald Trump last week and simply asked him to zip it after his slams on John McCain's service history as a prisoner of war in Vietnam. I won't dive into politics this week except to say this. "Republican candidates: I recommend you stop slamming him and spewing tons of negative rhetoric. Look at the polls...people are jumping on his bandwagon. I wouldn't suggest jumping on, too, but instead sticking to your own campaign and creating distance from his...but leave him alone." That's my 2 cents! Ya know Hillary is just licking her chops to take him on!
- A huge congratulations to my parents...44 years of wedded "bliss"!!! Well, I don't know if it has all been "bliss" but they've made it 44 flippin' years and that's awesome. "Happy 44th, Mom and Dad!"
- To wrap up this week, this is a fitting quote. Have a GREAT week, everyone!
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ~ Winston Churchill